Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Experiment #1

    The night falls in waves all around. There is nothing but the moonlight and the booming sound of chimes and bells to guide me. It's time.
    It is the day of my wedding, the day I seal my fate for all eternity. My mind lingers on this thought as my bridesmaids curl my long hair and mask my lips in a vibrant red. Blood red. The only problem is the growing darkness. I fear it like no other vampire. Literally, no other vampire. Each and every night it sweeps through like a tornado forever chasing after me. I knew from the start that the price to pay for marriage with a vampire is facing this fear.
    Peering out the doorway, my bridesmaids glow like candles beneath the moonlight. They glance back sending warm smiles of encouragement. This encouragement is quickly replaced by ripples of fear as the bells scream out louder and I am face to face with an abyss of darkness. It is my turn to walk down the aisle.
    Stepping out amid the dark, I remind myself of my family and the future that stands at the end of this walkway. A future filled with joy, laughter, and endless adventures. Clang! Boom! The bells. They lurch my mind back to the present, with the wedding and the night and the fear pulling at my white lace dress and hair and everything surrounding. Closer and closer and closing in. Quickly and swiftly. 
    Forcing myself forward, I lock eyes with my future husband. Immediately, all of the fear fades away as I envision a bright future with him. 
  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Giorgos Seferis